RFI is looking for a Technical Services Manager to join our team in Seattle!
Do you consider yourself:
- Team Builder
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
As a Technical Services Manager, your duties will include:
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities required for effective management of the Service and Professional Services teams at a regional office. Partners with management to foster a positive and collaborative working environment. Drives and supports the strategic direction to ensure customer satisfaction, quality, and profitability are maintained throughout the lifecycle of sales, installation, and service. Develop and maintain fiscal responsibility, encompassing post-installation review, service ticket review, reporting, and resource allocation optimization for the regional office.
Other duties/responsibilities of this position include but are not limited the following:
- Develop the Regional Service and Professional Services Team’s short and long-range goals to coincide with RFI objectives and key performance indicators.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility of the department including revenue generation and cost containment, analyze variances from budget, and take corrective actions.
- Provide timely reports to Senior Management to include but not limited to: revenue forecasting and staff performance.
- Determine appropriate staffing levels for Service and Professional Services teams. Supervise, hire, develop, evaluate, and mentor department personnel.
- Attend management meetings, and participate in department planning and policymaking.
- Promote, enforce, and follow RFI procedures and standards for quality installations and service.
- Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
- Maintain and ensure technical competency, knowledge of current industry standards, and emerging technologies.
- Provide and assist personnel as technical challenges arise.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, promoting a lasting business partnership.
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on projects or service installed jobs.
- Maintains current job plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Updates job costing on a weekly basis along with completing WIP reports of job status and costs to complete. Manage each project to zero slip.
- Pursues change order opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site.
- Respond to customer/client service requests.
- Available to work outside of, or in addition to, normal businesses hours. Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred. Ideal candidates will have 10-15 years of system integration experience. Needs excellent time management and organizational skills. Knowledge and adherence to all labor laws, wage determinations and project compliance requirements. Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is desired. Ability to read financial statements, prioritize and work under deadlines. Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential.
This position requires regular travel to RFI regional locations, manufacturers and industry related events, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, kneeling, climbing ladders
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan & 529(c) for college saving
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions