RFI is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to lead our team in San Jose!
- Are you a confident, proactive, roll-up your sleeves manager?
- Would you describe your communication style as factual and to-the-point?
- Are you very impatient, enjoy deadlines and work well juggling multiple projects?
- Do you believe a completed job is worth doing 100% or not at all?
- Is your work-style organized, precise and very thorough?
- Do you see a challenge as an opportunity?
- Would your co-workers describe you as someone fun and energetic?
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you!
As a Human Resources Manager, your duties will include:
The Human Resources Manager exercises substantial oversight in all human resources functions and serves as a strategic partner, to align business objectives with employees and management. This position serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues and will act as an employee champion and change agent. Communicating needs proactively with senior management and will seek to develop integrated solutions and formulate partnerships across the organization to deliver value added service to management and employees to reflect the business objectives and values of RFI. The Human Resources Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the RFI financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition, including benefits administration, recruiting, employee relations, employee development and training.
- Act as the liaison between management and the employees. Advise management of risks associated with various practices and recommend solutions and/or improvements.
- Implement, revise and enforce personnel policies in adherence with governing laws and best practices.
- Maintain availability to all staff to advise as necessary in all personnel and benefits issues. Provide and participate in employee counseling, discipline and investigations. Provide guidance to management on applicable laws and solutions for various personnel issues.
- Provide benefits administration including enrollments, changes and terminations. Participate in broker and renewal meetings and manage open enrollment process.
- Manage employee recruitment including advertising, resume review, screening and interview participation. Incorporate the highest standards of fair employment practices into all recruiting activities.
- Manage and update a company on-boarding program for all locations to strive for a successful engagement of new additions to RFI.
- Manage RFI’s Wellness and Bonus Program.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Manage performance evaluation process including revision of forms, providing assistance in review preparation and ensuring all reviews are handled timely and properly documented.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Process and respond to compliance reports for EEOC, Veterans, EDD and OSHA.
- Ensure employee terminations are handled according to applicable laws and RFI documentation requirements. Provide exit interviews when appropriate.
- Manage and monitor all workers’ compensations claims, investigations, and reports. Participate in injury and illness prevention meetings with carrier, and update staff on the number of work-related incidents.
- Provide announcements, information on new hires, anniversaries and safety as needed for Communicator.
- Maintain all employee and human resources related files, forms, binders and procedure manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance.
- Teamwork, positive attitude, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, within guidelines established by the Executive Committee.
- Ability to complete projects efficiently and accurately in an organized manner.
- Appropriately represent RFI to prospective employees in a manner that is honest and straightforward, enthusiastic and encouraging.
- Adhere to all RFI polices including confidentiality with regards to employees, customers or vendor information.
Education, Work Experience, and Requirements:
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study and a minimum of 3-5 years in human resource management is required. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, federal and state respective employment/payroll laws. Proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and ADP or equivalent experience is desired.
Relevant construction industry experience, SHRM certification, and union experience is a plus.
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan & 529(c) for college saving
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions
- Commuter Benefits