Do you consider yourself:
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Overview & Responsibilities:
RFI Communication & Security Systems San Jose is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to oversee the Payroll Department. The RFI Accounting Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Manages the activities and employees of the Payroll Departments to ensure the accurate and timely management of all related functions. This includes month-end, quarter and year-end closing including federal and state reports. Works with all internal and external auditors as needed. Produces reports as requested. Works with management team members to support department objectives.
- Overseeing and assisting the payroll department with the timely and accurate processing of weekly union and non-union multi-state payroll for 200+ employees, garnishments, benefit audits, union benefits, certified payroll, payroll taxes, required weekly and monthly reporting and other payroll related items.
- Manage the month-end/quarter-end and year end closing process, review/prepare journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and audit preparation and support.
- Generate and review weekly certified payroll reports.
- Prepare and process commissions for all sales employees.
- Assist in labor job costing and prepare job costing reports as required.
- Work with the HR department in keeping all payroll records accurate and up to date.
- Assist in defining company accounting policies and ensure compliance with those policies.
- Recommend and develop solutions for process efficiency to improve productivity.
- Manage payroll records by reviewing and approving for all new hires, benefits and deductions, rehires and transfers, and any changes in the payroll employee file.
- Develop and evaluate employee’s performance and workloads, determine work priorities, implement changes to improve productivity and increase efficiency.
- Develops and maintains training schedule for all accounting members to ensure professional development. Provides timely, meaningful performance reviews
- Keep abreast of all new policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years’ work experience preferably in construction, a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or equivalent experience and will be proficient in Microsoft Office. Microsoft Dynamics and ADP or equivalent experience is desired. Candidates must have management and/or supervisory experience. Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan & 529(c) for college saving
- Company will kick start 529(c) for college saving for newborn children or grandchildren
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions
- Commuter Benefits
RFI Communications & Security Systems is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for over thirty five years. Committed to our past and our future – RFI, established in 1979, is a large systems integrator doing business across the US with offices in California, Nevada, and Washington. RFI specializes in the design, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial state-of-the-art integrated Security / Life Safety Management Systems. These systems include Electronic Access Control, Closed-Circuit Television, Intrusion Detection, Alarm and Fire/Life Safety systems.