- Are you a confident, proactive, roll-up your sleeves manager?
- Would you describe your communication style as factual and to-the-point?
- Are you very impatient, enjoy deadlines and work well juggling multiple projects?
- Do you believe a completed job is worth doing 100% or not at all?
- Is your work-style organized, precise and very thorough?
If this sounds like you, RFI Enterprises is looking for an experienced leader to lead our human resource and talent management team.
Overview & Responsibilities:
RFI Communication & Security Systems San Jose is looking for a confident Human Resources Manager who enjoys working independently but can be part of a larger team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the liaison between management and the employees. Advise management of risks associated with various practices and recommend solutions and/or improvements.
- Implement, revise and enforce personnel policies in adherence with governing laws and best practices.
- Maintain availability to all staff to advise and aid as necessary in all personnel and benefits issues. Provide and participate in employee counseling, discipline and investigations. Provide guidance to management on applicable laws and solutions for various personnel issues.
- Provide benefits administration including enrollments, changes and terminations. Participate in broker and renewal meetings and manage open enrollment process.
- Handle employee recruitment including advertising, resume review, screening and interview participation. Incorporate the highest standards of fair employment practices into all recruiting activities.
- Conduct offer letter meetings and new hire orientations including processing of all paperwork, union dues calculation and enrollment and new hire safety training. Process pre-employment background screening, DMV reports and drug testing.
- Process Personnel Action Memos for new hires, terminations, employee address and compensation changes.
- Manage performance appraisal process including revision of forms, providing assistance in reviews and ensuring all reviews are handled timely and properly documented.
- Develop training solutions and career path development of employees.
- Process reports for EEOC and Veterans’ reporting and transmit annually. Maintain OSHA logs and adhere to guidelines for posting.
- Respond to and monitor all EDD and EEOC claims.
Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field, personnel management. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of experience, excellent time management and organizational skills. PHRM or SHRM certification is a plus.Must be proficient in the Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus. Excellent oral, and written communication skills are essential. This position requires a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan & 529(c) for college saving
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions
- Commuter Benefits
RFI Communications & Security Systems is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for over thirty five years. Committed to our past and our future – RFI, established in 1979, is a large systems integrator doing business across the US with offices in California, Nevada, and Washington. RFI specializes in the design, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial state-of-the-art integrated Security / Life Safety Management Systems. These systems include Electronic Access Control, Closed-Circuit Television, Intrusion Detection, Alarm and Fire/Life Safety systems.