The administrative assistant is responsible for answering all incoming calls, greeting visitors and assisting the finance and administrative areas with processing construction liens, accounts receivable and incoming checks. Other duties include, service coordination, processing mail and filing. Must work with all RFI team members to provide quality service to employees and customers.
- Word processing and Excel to support and basic data entry as required.
- Process construction pre-liens and sub-contractor purchase orders.
- Enter data to begin job-setup.
- Assist with accounts receivable.
- Filing, photocopying and shredding.
- Perform general reception duties including greeting and assisting visitors to the office, insuring visitors sign-in, and light maintenance of front office appearance.
- Log employees absent in or out of the building.
- Answer multi-line telephone, direct calls, screen calls, take messages, and page employees as required.
- Manage shipping and receiving, distribute mail upon arrival.
- Responsible for insuring sufficient postage available on the meter.
- Prepare all outgoing mail including certified, registered and express mail for postage and pickup. Deliver outgoing mail to post office.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Other duties deemed necessary.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school diploma or GED is required. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of receptionist experience in a construction environment processing pre-liens. Must have a professional and pleasant demeanor to welcome visitors in person and over the phone. Experience working on a multi-line phone system is critical. Must be able to communicate effectively with callers to determine their needs and create a positive experience for callers and visitors. Must be proficient in the following computer programs (Excel, Word, Internet, Shoretel, Outlook, and Microsoft Dynamics AX). Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential.